KS3 and KS4 DEVELOPMENT IN SCHOOLS AND ACADEMYS
Badminton programme for Schools and Colleges as part of Key Stage 3 and 4 Development within the curriculum for its pupils and also for achieving excellence in the sport.
Implementation by approved UKCC Level 2 Coach / PE staff assisted, to deliver fun and progressive badminton via BISI guidelines.
BADMINTON England BISI Badminton (Secondary)
- Introduce the basic techniques for a number of strokes
- Understand scoring and the basic rules
- Set up meaningful badminton practices/activities suited to the age and stage of the pupil, the size of the group and the facility/equipment available
- Set up competitive badminton games and activities suited to the age and stage of the pupil, the size of the group and the facility/equipment available
- Develop lesson plans and programmes of work for badminton activities
- Introduce the core badminton skills to secondary age pupils and to a wide range of ideas for badminton activities and games.
- Introduction to the different strokes and how to develop them, scoring and the rules, as well as lots of activities and games with the pupils in PE lessons and after school clubs.
Timescales / Rewards
The School / College could work towards BISI programmes of which Bronze, Silver and Gold achievement award certificates are available on completion. Achieving these could work towards additional funding from sports related bodies such as BadmintonEnglandor Forza Sports.
It would be a good goal for Schools and Colleges to develop KS3 andKS4 teams towards the National English Schools Championships, the finals of which is played at Centre Parcs, Nottingham. Success in this would do their reputation no harm.
A UKCC Level 2 coach registered by BADMINTON England would provide the conduit for promoting promising juniors into the Yorkshire Leagues and County circuits. The coach would keep abreast of all the tournaments available and is in regular contact with BADMINTON England and the local Performance Centres.